RO/DI unit on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

borlaracing9

Aquarium Advice Regular
the only problem i see with it is that its a 50gpd unit... thats not all that much as im sure you know. and if you ever upgrade to a bigger tank, you'll be waiting days to get enough water for pwc's... i would definately recommend getting something bigger... like this ... 6 stage, 150gpd unit... jmo

the only problem i see with it is that its a 50gpd unit... thats not all that much as im sure you know. and if you ever upgrade to a bigger tank, you'll be waiting days to get enough water for pwc's... i would definately recommend getting something bigger... like this ... 6 stage, 150gpd unit... jmo

very true and thanks for your input! That was actually the 2nd one i was looking at. I think i will get that one just cause of how slow 50GPD really is and i do plan on upgrading eventually.

50 gallon per day is not really that bad. I have one for my 125 and it makes plenty of water for topp off and PWC`s. The 150gpd is OK also but for my needs the 50 gpd will do.

I don't think 50GPD is slow unless you forget to plan ahead on the PWC. But what I see as a potential problem is that in a unit that small you may be changing filters so often that you negate any cost savings by buying the cheaper unit.

Back
Top Bottom