RO/DI unit ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got my RO/DI unit today and have a question. When your done making RO water do you empty the cartridges or leave the residual water in it?

Well, actually, if anyone did read the manual on one of these things, it says to take everything thing out, empty it all and dry everything off. Leaving the filters in the housing when wet can cause bacteria to grow in there, which would then defeat the purpose of that whole unit to begin with. Bacteria will collect in the housing if water is just left there to sit. I take mine out and dry everything off.

Not what mine says.. Mine says to make sure the membranes remain wet at all times

Really? So then.. how would you keep it wet at all times? Do you use it 24/7 or something?

Thanks everyone, I'm going to hook it up and see what the TDS values are and run some tests. I didn't want to start anything until I knew what to do with it after I was done. I'm going to chat with Bulk Reef Supply and ask why this information was not included with the kit, not a biggie but should be included.

Back
Top Bottom