Rookie mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorddaftwager

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_2158.jpg

So I spent 4-5 hours setting up and planting my 10 gallon. When it was about 3/4 full my large piece of driftwood floated up and ripped out a bunch of plants. It'll never be the same as I had originally intended. I had a meltdown.

I found a good rock to weigh it down the next day and this pic is what I ended up with. (The white stone is coming out in a few weeks when I'm confident in the driftwood being waterlogged enough.) If you're wondering, I soaked the driftwood for a week, changing the water daily, and I boiled it for a few hours too. Hopefully everything grows over and covers my mistakes!
This is my first attempt to keep a planted tank. 1st lesson learned, hundreds more to go.

Honestly it still looks pretty dank. What are you planning on stocking it with?

Looks good, though i fear for your foreground plant. It seems to be dwarf baby tears or monte carlo (picture is't really clear).. They need strong lighting and co2 to survive. Dwarf sag might be the way to go if this fails

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Looks good ....looks like one of those fluval diffusers from the mini kit

Back
Top Bottom