Root tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was ament to order osmocote plus but i received osmocote, will this still be ok for my live plants? Wats the diff between the them?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Osmocote plus includes Macroelements (Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium) and Microelements (Magnesium, Copper, Boron, Iron, and others). Regular Osmocote only contains the macroelements.

What type of lighting do you have on your tank, and what type of plants do you have? If you don't have a ton of lighting, and your plants aren't very needy, I could see you getting away with using regular Osmocote. In a high-light setting with needier plants, you would probably want to find a way to incorporate some micros into the tabs.

Im just using the standard T5 juwel lighting! Have attached a pic!

Plants wise atm i have:
2 x crypts
2 x amazon swords
1 x anubias
3 x lilaeopsis

Will my osmocote be ok or am i gona have to get osmocote plus??

Lighting

Attachments

• 1422296390817.jpg
    1422296390817.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 59
I use miracle grow time release fruit and tomato with the standard osmocote in my root tabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Another thing you can do is just use the regular osmocote and then dose a micromix in the column. Flourish comprehensive is a good choice. Or you could buy my root tabs :p but whatever works.

Buy your root tabs??

Back
Top Bottom