Root tabs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
I put some root tabs into my gravel today!! Just looking to know when will they start to take effect and when will i start to a difference? :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It depends on the root tabs, the state of your plants now, lighting, types of plants, co2, etc. I wouldn't expect a noticeable difference overnight. Maybe over a couple of weeks you'll notice they look a little healthier, more lush, better color.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It really depends on a lot of factors, namely the age of the plant, type of root tabs, and the intensity of lighting.

In the tread I started on some diy root tabs I made (I'll post link when I get to a pc) I posted a picture time line of my amazon swords growth. This was a plant that hadn't been moved in 6 months so it had a very well established root structure so responded very well to the root tabs. A newer plant wouldn't respond as quickly.

It really depends on a lot of factors, namely the age of the plant, type of root tabs, and the intensity of lighting.

In the tread I started on some diy root tabs I made (I'll post link when I get to a pc) I posted a picture time line of my amazon swords growth. This was a plant that hadn't been moved in 6 months so it had a very well established root structure so responded very well to the root tabs. A newer plant wouldn't respond as quickly.

I loved that thread. I ended up making my own root tabs following your guide. Unfortunately most of my plants already had Flourish root tabs that I didn't want to dig up and expose so I only got to throw a few of the new ones in under some new plants.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom