Royal Gramma and Yellow Tailed Satan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhunter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We added a royal gramma to our 20gallon tank tonight. Currently it's home to one Yellow Tailed Damsel, One Choco Chip Starfish and a few small crabs. Right now they're feeling eachother out a little bit. There's been some nipping and the gramma has "roared" at him a bit. I don't want to wake up in the morning and find that my 2 dollar fished killed my 20 dollar fish. We're planning on taking the damsel out in two weeks and adding a pair of tank raised clowns. Should we leave the damsel in durring that time, or should we pull him now?

If they're just "feeling" each other out you should be fine. But make sure you have plenty of hiding spots for your gramma too.

Yeah, they're both swimming about mid tank now. The whole bottom of the tank is done in rock, so they both have a lot of pockets to claim for their own.

yeah them damsels are mean as hell! :twisted: lucky for us the dont grow too big! I took mine out because of $2 hurting my $20

I had the same problem when I added my Gramma. The yellow tailed was bulling him around. They settled down after a few days, and swim together now. :wink:

Do you have places for the gramma to hide for now? I should have mentioned that I do.

Back
Top Bottom