Rubber lip pleco won’t move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishnoob01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When I released my rubber lip pleco into a 10 gallon tank he went straight for the tiny log. I let him stay there through the night thinking he would get out and eat the age flake I left for him but he didn’t move at all last night and the flake is still there. He is alive I see him turn around some times. Should I be worried about this.

They are nocturnal and only come out after dark. During the day they hide. If you have lots of plants and driftwood in the tank, sometimes they come out during the day but you need lots of shady areas. Think of them as vampires, they only come out at night : )=

I new they were nocturnal but he didn’t come out to eat the algae wafer I left him

I wouldn’t get concerned unless this behaviour goes on for more than a few days.

Like mentioned they aren’t too energetic at the best of times, and being dropped in a new environment they tend to lay low until they feel comfortable enough to start moving around the tank

It’s been a few days and I think he just had to get used to his surroundings because he comes out every time I turn the light off and is eating well.

Mine is very energetic and really fast. He moves around in his log all the time.

Back
Top Bottom