Rubberlip :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squirt0170

Aquarium Advice Activist
I did a water change last night on my beta tank... My rubberlip was occupying it too. I always do a 100% water change on my betta tanks (might be a bad idea) but I've never had a death come from it!

Well about 6 hours (or longer) after I did the water change, I looked up and seen my rubberlip floating at the top of the tank... When I put him back in the tank he seemed fine...

When I pulled his lifeless body out of the tank I noticed the underside of him was REALLY black which isn't a usual color for him...

Now when I woke up this morning, the water is REALLY cloudy.... I put water clarifier in there to see if that helps.

Everything is reading normal.... What should I do?!?! I'm now really concerned about my betta that's in there... He is doing great though, not showing any signs of stress or acting weird.

my first inclination would be to stop the 100% water changes

Reduce the water changes to 50% for starters. Do you add dechlorinator when you change the water? Match the temps the same as the tank water? What size tank are the betta tanks?

Back
Top Bottom