Rummynose Tetras are not active.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed that my Rummynose Tetras are hiding a lot and not eating. They are hiding behind all of the rocks and plants that I have, and they rarely come out and school in the front of the tank. I have read that these fish are really sensitive and that they can die easily. I've had them for over a week. Should I be concerned?

What are your parameters? Feeding schedule? Tank mates?

Ammonia: 0
pH: 6.8
Nitrate: 10 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm

I feed twice a day at 4 and at 7. I have 2 Rams, 1 Mexican Orange Dwarf Crayfish, 7 Bentos Tetras, 5 Cory Cats, and 2 Panda Garra.

How do they look? Color good? Or do they look washed out? Fins look good? Have you had rummies before? I lose one almost every time I get them. Just seems like I get ripped every time! Strange that they are all doing poorly. I'm wondering if you got a bad batch. You could try frozen brine. They will eat those for sure!

How do they look? Color good? Or do they look washed out? Fins look good? Have you had rummies before? I lose one almost every time I get them. Just seems like I get ripped every time! Strange that they are all doing poorly. I'm wondering if you got a bad batch. You could try frozen brine. They will eat those for sure!

They look malnourished and sick. I don't see any outward appearance of disease. This is my first try at Rummies. Their fins look alright. I'm down to four now. I'm thinking I got a bad batch.

You have to be picky when you get them. Something I have learned the hard way a few times. Even the last time I got some, I got a crappy one! The bad part is I saw that it was bad before I left the store. I don't know why I didn't say anything. Anyway it died later that day. The good ones will have red faces.

You have to be picky when you get them. Something I have learned the hard way a few times. Even the last time I got some, I got a crappy one! The bad part is I saw that it was bad before I left the store. I don't know why I didn't say anything. Anyway it died later that day. The good ones will have red faces.

Well they all died. I'm going to try something different like Threadfin Rainbowfish or Marbled Hatchets.

I have some celebres rainbows. They've been hardy and active and not a finicky eater. Only issue I've had is they're a bit more delicate if you're running pressurized CO2. Could be an option.

Back
Top Bottom