Runt White Cloud Minnow Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs Gordge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’ve had a tank set up for 9 months and I expanded to a bigger set up about 6 months in. I added a mixture of new fish but have found one of the WCM minnows didn’t grow. He would often be hiding in the vents or in the plants so still that I thought he was dead. On further inspection his tail fins had been nipped off completely and he was obviously hiding from the other fish.

I removed him and put him in a separate ‘hospital’ tank (7l)to heal and grow. He has been alone for 2 months and most of his tail has grown back. He is eating and swimming around normally. He has grown but is still nowhere near as big as the other WVM minnows I purchased at the same time as him. He is clearly a runt.

Should I re-introduce him to the main tank when his tail is completely healed? I am aware he is a shoaling fish and shouldn’t be alone but I also don’t want him to be nipped again or bullied.

Any tips or advice on this would be appreciated as I have become extremely fond of him whilst he has been separated and I want what is best for him.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom