Sad Night for our Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My toddlers tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
Unfortunately after many fights our Betta, had to be put to sleep. :(

After the latest treatment, we were optimistic that he was going to recover. With a very heavy heart after many days of lethargic behaviour and only swimming for food or because he was spooked I filled a stainless steel bowl with snow and ice cold brita water and place him in he flinched for only a few seconds, and now I want to cry. Unsure how to inform my children that their favourite fish is no longer in the tank.

Everyone else seems fine but I will be watching to make sure nothing else wonky happens

I know it has been sometime since you had to put you friend to sleep, I'm new here and wanted to say I know the feeling, I'm new to aquarium life and have had 3 to go and 1 still sick. I originally had 3 black mollies and 3 orange with back tail mollies. I rushed to add more to tank and paid dearly for it.

Thanks Everyone, my youngest who will be three noticed just the other day because she is the primary feeder and noticed her blue baby wasn't eating and was kinda worried. My six year old hasn't noticed yet but we have kept him busy and haven't had feeding time when he is around but my girlfriends Tetras and Guppies are making babies like there is no tomorrow so we have been paying a little extra attention to our water changes and have even gotten a breeding net as she promised the kids the babies once they get a bit bigger :)

Hope everyone had a nice Easter Weekend.

Back
Top Bottom