Sailfin tang for my bday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tangs are pretty easy provided your tank is large enough. Other than that they will eat anything but you should make sure they eat their veggies too. Nori sheets are a good option as are spirulina enriched foods whether they are prepared or frozen. It's also highly recommended to quarantine all fish but tangs especially as they are magnets for ich. Also the forum enforces the mandatory pics or it didn't happen policy (ok they don't it's just me) let's see the new addition.

You can also use lettuce for variety (not iceberg, but others are good). I just got a big Sailfin Tang and it goes after the lettuce just like the seaweed/algae sheets. They will eat meaty stuff, it's just not as good for them. Understand that unless you have something in the 6' or longer tank size, it is going to be stressed and will likely have health related issues due to that. As mentioned before, if you can QT first, do so.

This is mine , which is about 9"

image-286885642.jpg

You can also use lettuce for variety (not iceberg, but others are good). I just got a big Sailfin Tang and it goes after the lettuce just like the seaweed/algae sheets. They will eat meaty stuff, it's just not as good for them. Understand that unless you have something in the 6' or longer tank size, it is going to be stressed and will likely have health related issues due to that. As mentioned before, if you can QT first, do so.

This is mine , which is about 9"

View attachment 216007

Here's mine. Small one!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389399352.026654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom