Sailfin Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ceruleanwildfir

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Sailfin Tang that is acting abnormal and I need some advice to figure out if it is just stress or something is really wrong.

A bit of background. I have an AquaOne Ar-510 which I started up as a salt water tank. I originally had a bicolor blenny and added a baby sailfin tang to handle a filamentous algae problem. This weekend I decided to upgrade the tank's drip tray filtration with a Fluval 206 external canister and Tunze nano skimmer.

Now my tang is showing a bit of distress. He has changed color, going slightly off white (plus the obvious pattern), and mainly hangs around the far left corner of the tank or in his coral cave. He is also "breathing" heavily. When he is in the corner he does occasionally make some funny movements (attacking his reflection, swishing his tail while back paddling). He is still eating although acting very skittish if you move.

Is this normal stress behavior or should i be worried? The blenny doesn't seem to mind the changes.

Below is my current setup and readings;

Aqua One AR-510
Tunze Nanostream 6015
Tunze Nano Skimmer 9002
Fluval E100 Heater
Fluval 206 External Canister Filter

Readings:
pH - 8.1
Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 2-5ppm

PS: The tang is moving out in the next few weeks, if he lives, as I know the tank is to small for him.

Back
Top Bottom