Sand and water change in your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As soon as you wash it and put it in you can add water. As far as no disturbing the sand that depends on your equipment. If you have a water changer lay the syphon in sideways and just turn the water on very low and fill really slow. If you don't you can lay down some bunched up newspaper or paper towels and again fill very slowly. Other than that there isn't much you can do.

also my tank was already established. I removed all the gravel and replaced with soil and a sand topper. When I am doing my water changes and have to replace the water I use a 5 gallon bucket? Or how else would I add the water conditioner? so when I dump the bucket in I don't want to mess up the soil under neath,

also my tank was already established. I removed all the gravel and replaced with soil and a sand topper. When I am doing my water changes and have to replace the water I use a 5 gallon bucket? Or how else would I add the water conditioner? so when I dump the bucket in I don't want to mess up the soil under neath,

I should have been more clear in my initial response.

When you poor the water in, put your hand under the water coming out of the bucket and it helps.

Back
Top Bottom