sandddd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edward198

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just bought some black sand as I think it looks great..

I currently have gravel in my tank..

How should I go around changing it?

OK. You will want to rinse your sand off a couple of times to make sure that any dust that got in the package gets cleaned out of it. After that, move your gourami into another tank, or into a 5 gallon bucket with water from the tank so that you can take out the gravel. You will probably want to drain as much water out as you can, because this will make your job a lot easier. After it's all taken out, you can put your sand in the empty tank and add water. To minimize disrupting the sand when adding water, sit a plat in the middle of the tank and pour the water on the plate rather than on the sand itself. You will want to leave enough water out so that you can add the water that you have your gourami in. Depending on the brand of sand you got, the sand should settle pretty quickly. :)

OK. You will want to rinse your sand off a couple of times to make sure that any dust that got in the package gets cleaned out of it. After that, move your gourami into another tank, or into a 5 gallon bucket with water from the tank so that you can take out the gravel. You will probably want to drain as much water out as you can, because this will make your job a lot easier. After it's all taken out, you can put your sand in the empty tank and add water. To minimize disrupting the sand when adding water, sit a plat in the middle of the tank and pour the water on the plate rather than on the sand itself. You will want to leave enough water out so that you can add the water that you have your gourami in. Depending on the brand of sand you got, the sand should settle pretty quickly. :)

Thanks!! Will wash the new sand really good! Shall I add my live plants straight into the sand with tabs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom