Saving bleached coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkiley0598

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently did my science fair project ( 1st place! ?) on the effects of global warming on coral reefs. to demonstrate on soft corals I used 2 toadstool specimens. They survived temperatures into the mid to high 90s I did observe that they had lost some of their color (algae) once 95 degrees had been reached. I was wondering if spot feeding would help the coral recover (it is now in my main display tank). The algae it partially lost is obviously it's main source of food but I was jw if spot feeding would help it or not? thank you for any help! ?

Nah just give it clean water at a lower temp and it will come back. Cool experiment btw

Very good project, I loved science fairs when I was in school. They should recover with the cooler temperatures and I don't think feeding them will help at all. They derive plenty of nutrition from just absorbing light into their algae.

Very good project, I loved science fairs when I was in school. They should recover with the cooler temperatures and I don't think feeding them will help at all. They derive plenty of nutrition from just absorbing light into their algae.

thank you! and okay good

Back
Top Bottom