School Starts in Less than a Month!?! Now What?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruinsbro1997

Aquarium Advice Addict
Oh, how I loathe the month of August. It's the month that reminds me that my summer is slipping away and in 27 more days I'll be back at school. Great. Already they are showing back to school commercials on television and my parents are telling me how to prepare for high school.

So ever since two days ago when my mom announced "your summer's up" I have been doing summer reading and going to tennis camps and cross country camps, which isn't so bad, minus running 4-6 miles a day and coming home with sore legs. I am so busy sometimes I don't have time to take care of my fish and feed them before I leave.

So, to all you tweens/teens out there, what are you doing to get ready to go back to school, and when are you going back to school? My cousins have to go back in a week, I go back on August 31...yay me! :ermm:

i go back the same date freshman year for me woho -_- if you feel you dont have enough time simply tell your parents i need 30-60min once a week or every 3-4or so days to keep my tanks running. thats the most responsible thing to do IMO

I struggle with the same problem, I have swimming workouts before and after school. So by the time I get home and do homework I'm beat. I try to feed them right when I get home, and then right before bed I check to see if every things going good.

Then on weekends, or occasional friday night, I do my water changes. It takes some sacrifice, but it's well worth it! :)

i go back the same date freshman year for me woho -_- if you feel you dont have enough time simply tell your parents i need 30-60min once a week or every 3-4or so days to keep my tanks running. thats the most responsible thing to do IMO

That's the problem, my parents think school is more important than fish (which every parent should I guess). This is they're response:
"Eventually you're going off to college so why not get rid of it now? Who's going to take care of it while you're so busy with high school?"
They really don't like it.

I struggle with the same problem, I have swimming workouts before and after school. So by the time I get home and do homework I'm beat. I try to feed them right when I get home, and then right before bed I check to see if every things going good.

Then on weekends, or occasional friday night, I do my water changes. It takes some sacrifice, but it's well worth it! :)

I know, I stay up almost until midnight doing homework because of tennis every day. I do my best to stay on top of water changes but unfortunately they only happen every two weeks.

My parents are the same way with college and fish haha. Won't let me get any more tanks, I guess in the long run it makes sense....

Back
Top Bottom