Scott's 4 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first fun is picking out rock and setting up. :) Cycling is a type of fun... That's when you do all your research into what you want to get, and move your rock around about 20 times. Lol

Haha yeah it is fun! I think I like the setup more than anything but this one won't take long. I'm suspecting the cycling will suck!

here's the tank
img_2111178_0_df16b834f3ebc9795f222d5e5d0e0fa1.jpg

the spot where it's going to go (need dusting volunteers lol)
img_2111178_1_4f8b38dadd750ef13d6c53d8c8ac89ad.jpg

And the supplies:
img_2111178_2_b24556e59506097feadd40c2fd59f2d9.jpg

I seriously have a heater, moonlight, magfloat, pump, thermometer, timer, sand, and rock just laying around. Such a fish nerd!! Can't think of anything else I need. I have an extra power strip too so that is taken care of.

I'll spend the next few hours setting it up, mixing saltwater, and busting up and boiling that rock (it's been sitting outside).

Well I'm not happy at all. There is a small leak in the back bottom seam. Luckily I have some weld on. I'd send it back but it takes too long lol.

scottayy said:
Well I'm not happy at all. There is a small leak in the back bottom seam. Luckily I have some weld on. I'd send it back but it takes too long lol.

Not a leak!! I'm glad you have something to fix it. I wouldn't want to send it back either. It would take F O R E V E R!

Easiest fix ever, though I wish it hadn't leaked in the first place. Onto my build!

Alright, I wouldn't recommend this aquarium to those who may be reading. Not only did it have a leak I had to fix, but it also has some minor scratches near the top of the acrylic. Not very noticeable.. won't even show up in pictures. But I can see them at the right angle. I could buff it out with some novus (that I also have, lol!) but I shouldn't have to fix up a tank I bought brand new. Anyways..

scottayy said:
Alright, I wouldn't recommend this aquarium to those who may be reading. Not only did it have a leak I had to fix, but it also has some minor scratches near the top of the acrylic. Not very noticeable.. won't even show up in pictures. But I can see them at the right angle. I could buff it out with some novus (that I also have, lol!) but I shouldn't have to fix up a tank I bought brand new. Anyways..

That's messed up! I can't believe you have to do so much work on it. That stinks. So is it still getting set up or sent back?

It's already set up and cycling. Pictures tomorrow after it settles!

lol no I want it to look good!

I put a couple pieces of frozen silverside in a mesh bag and dropped it in the tank.

scottayy said:
lol no I want it to look good!

I put a couple pieces of frozen silverside in a mesh bag and dropped it in the tank.

That should make it cycle! Are you going to get any live rock?

scottayy said:

OH NO!!!!!!! That sux!!!!

Holy cow, what do ya got a mini fish store full of supplies connected to the back of your house???!!! Ya got sand, heaters, base rock, magfloats, stuff to buff out scratches all just laying around!! Lol. JK!! ;)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience scottayy! I sure wouldn't have recommended this tank had I had an experience similar to yours!

It's okay. I like it now that it's all fixed up.

My water's cloudy.. I guess it's from the cycle with the rotting silversides.. but here's a couple pics.

img_2112436_0_9848f17b12f8c18aa85f7fe8fae819ed.jpg

img_2112436_1_ead5bcb3bb77b1fe9058cffda1270bf8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom