sea lettuce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spazz67

Aquarium Advice Regular
Paul and I have decided to build a reef while we're waiting for the velvet cysts to die out. If this is ok? To day while I was out I stopped at the
LFS and they had something called sea lettuce. I was told that this was good for helping nitrate and Nitrite levels under control and a great algae to have in the sump. The owner of the LFS gave me a sample of it, when I brought food for the crabs. Is it suspose to stink and the little bit of water turn white in the bag. Is what they told me true and should it stink and turn the bag water white.

Usually if it`s a macro algea and it turns the water white it`s doing what they call going sexual. It will do this to your tank water also. I dont think I would add it either.

Is it Ok to go ahead and build a reef while we're waiting or should it all be put on hold?

I think you can start to design it. Buildingstar might take a week or two anyway, right. My past experiences tell me it's so much better to take your time and plan. Then, you redesign. Thenyou start buying stuff and someone mentions something< and eureka!!! Change the plan and design again.

"Wow, this is the best!!!"

Then you learn one more thing....

Before you know it, 6 more weeks have past. how long ya plan on leaving the tank fishless> What'd your velvet research say?

Back
Top Bottom