seaclone skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyOneBeat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
Currently i have a excaliber protein skimmer fromadvanced aquaria. Its putting a ton of bubbles in the tank and not collecting any protein. I was thinking of taking it back and getting a seaclone or prism skimmer cuz they cost about the same. any opinions on what i should do?

John

If for the 55 gal mentioned in your profile, I would not opt for any of these. Instead I would suggest an Aqua C remora pro for that size tank if you stick with a HOB style.

Cheers
Steve

definately a remora or a bak pak. How long has the skimmer been working. Sometimes they take a week or two to break in.

Remora. The Prizm isn't enough for a 55g tank. My experience with the Seaclones is that they are difficult to keep adjusted and return bubbles to the tank as well. As Darin said though, if it hasn't been running for a couple of weeks, it may not be broken in yet...give it some time.

We have been running a seaclone 150 in our tank for about 9 months and if you just replace the cruddy air adjustment valve with any air control valve(we used pentax) it does not blow microbubbles and skims a verry dark green thick stinky crud. There are alot of sea-cllone bashers out there but with a simple adjustment the cheaper skimmer will do the job for you especialy on a 55.

Back
Top Bottom