Seahorse build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm in the middle of setting up a 75 reef tank and my girlfriend was extremely disappointed when she found out I wasn't putting a seahorse in there. ( she doesn't understand the addiction/hobby lol) so for Christmas or something like that I was thinking of setting up a seahorse tank for her but I really know nothing about them except they like stuff to hang on to and a low flow.

What kind of tank should I get? Size?

What special things do I need?

And what tank mates are good with them?

Depends on what type of Seahorses you want? You can go with a 29G Tall to start or a 55G Tall, they do well with little flow and you would have to becareful cause they are prone to disease if not properly cared for-

Ok that's what I figured. I was looking at something 6 gallons or under so could I do a dwarf seahorse?

Yes- If you want I had already suggested it to another member to contact Beth @ www.pekasponies.com or you can contact her at peka@pekasponies.com she will be happy to help you out with Seahorses in such, she is a well known breeder and has tons of info she can share with you... Just shoot her and email - HTH And no I am not soliciting for her, she has help me out in the past with seahorses and she knows her stuff very very well...

Frankie

Back
Top Bottom