Second mistake in one day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ky'smommy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my dad was cleaning his baby piranah tank.
Trying to be a hero I killing snail eggs
and i killed one of his babies.(he says it was me)
Probably cause he was just catching his big babies and moving them to the 108g. And there were none lying around.
I feel like such an ass. he has quite a few hundred prolly closer to 1000 so its not a huge deal but it is to me.
maybe i should stay away from all my fish tanks for a while.

Don't feel too badly. Accidents happen. It wasn't like you were trying to kill any babies. No guarantees it was you, it might have been natural or his moving them that did it.

if it takes some stress off, i took off the cover that prevents little fish from getting sucked up the filter intake, because both my frog and snail were too big

well actually my snail shell was to big, the snail wasnt

found him this moring,

we all make mistakes

hah. that reminds me. My dad bought a new filter for his small baby tank. He has two a 20 and a 108. And i told him not to leave it undcovered because thats a big no no.( i help him out alot with his fish as he does me. me more tho) I told him to buy a cheap net and cover it. Well he didnt listen. came home to clean his tank a bunch of dead baby piranahs. These ones are like 2 weeks old. the ones downstairs are almost 4-8 weeks. So his feelers were all hurt. and i think his feelers were more hurt when he found the one i killed. held him in his hand for a bit.
Hes so proud of his babies. He tried to bread oscars before but the pleco would always eat the eggs before anything.

He has my pleco in his tank.. but he hides with his giant snail. lol. He never comes out for nothing. I wonder if other fish can tell when other predertor fish are around?
but its nuts every week he gets 2-3 nests of baby eggs.
he has 5 adult piranahs. so one switches with the lone piranah. and they make babies too. just got another batch the night before last..
Its so cool to watch. :)

cut people into small pieces and dispose of them? like the mafia?

;-)

gloves

Buy kevlar gloves?? For PWCs, of course. Or raise then for that heated swimming pool you've always wanted. Hehehehehehehe.

ROFL - yeah, I was thinking something along both those lines ! Of course only "special" guests would be invited into the pool !

pool

Or you could build a pool like in some of the Sean Connery Bond movies. Herd the little darlings into the 'hidden' part. And invite them out for your special guests. Hehehehehe.

I think I need to either get more sleep or find a library branch nearby. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom