Sectioned tank for male Bettas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PutAwayWet

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking of setting up a tank (10 gallonish) with multiple compartments as homes for male bettas. I've seen the dinky plastic things that Penn Plax sells and aren't impressed in the least. I would think the partitions should be perforated for flow of water. I'd also like to have a secondary opaque partition to keep them from flaring at each other continuously.

Any thoughts/advice/help greatly appreciated!

I would suggest dividing it into two compartments with those tank dividers, that way the betas still have a little elbow room. I dont know if they make opaque dividers, but you could get a backdrop and put it on the divider if you cant find one opaque.
Good luck.

I've tried that before... just with a regular divider with my betta. Just make sure it's really sturdy because if they think they can jump it, they will. lol I've learned that on several occasions with my males especially my male Caribbean. You can't keep him anywhere without him jumping out if he knows he'll go in with the rest of the tank. The only way I could get him to stay in something inside the tank without actually being with everybody else required at least a 2" or curved in wall or a cover lol he's a crafty little bugger

Back
Top Bottom