Seeding a Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I have an AquaClear 70 powerfilter on my 55g, it's brand new and has just been running a few days just to make sure that it'll continue to work and it has. I have 2 small tetra filters that have some extra well seeded material in them. Could I put the two small filters (both meant for 10-15g tanks) in the 55g to help seed the tank and put in my cories or some of my Endlers? Or would that be like fish-in cycling? I don't want to do too many extra water changing trips and so I was hoping that the seeded filters might help. Would it? Thank you!:thanks:

Instead of that, how about you get some of the seeded media from the AquaClear, put it in your Tetra filters, and then let it run for a month? That would be better IMO. :)

I would do that, but the endlers have been being not so nice to my betta's tail... and so I'm trying to get them out of that tank and into the bigger tank ASAP. Or I could put the betta in the big tank if that'd be better, but I'm just trying to get them seperated and the big tank seems to be the best bet for the seperation...

I will. I was just looking for an okay, that this wouldn't be too bad and might speed up the cycling.... Thanks Bruinsbro!!

Back
Top Bottom