Seeding new filter for upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all

I'm waiting on delivery of my new 4x2x2 tank and going with a eheim 2217 canister filter.

If I seed the new filter with media from my existing 2213 would it be safe to move my cichlids straight into their new tank? I don't have the space to accommodate both tanks to do a fishless cycle. The 2213 is running on my 55 gal goldfish tank and the cichlid tank currently has an AC 110 and Aqua One Moray 700.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated :)

Hi all

I'm waiting on delivery of my new 4x2x2 tank and going with a eheim 2217 canister filter.

If I seed the new filter with media from my existing 2213 would it be safe to move my cichlids straight into their new tank? I don't have the space to accommodate both tanks to do a fishless cycle. The 2213 is running on my 55 gal goldfish tank and the cichlid tank currently has an AC 110 and Aqua One Moray 700.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated :)
If you use enough media, you should have no issues. Obviously just keep an eye on the water for a couple of weeks. A few water changes might be needed but you'll be fine....

Back
Top Bottom