Seeking advice on stocking my Fluval Edge 12 Gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

griffinb74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I have a 12 Gallon Fluval Edge aquarium. I received the aquarium for Christmas last year. I set the aquarium up and cycled it properly. I currently have four Glowfish (Danios) in the aquarium. I am considering adding a Dwarf Gourami. I have read several conflicting views on this combination. Some say that they are great together while others say that the Danios are too active to be mixed with a Dwarf Gourami.

Also, I have read that if you have a Dwarf Gourami, you should consider more than one in the tank because they may get lonely. Not sure if this is true, but thought I would ask while I was at it anyway.

All this being said. I don't want to overfill my tank. So here is what I am thinking...

4 Glowfish (Danio)
2 Dwarf Gourami

Is this too much? Could I add a few small shrimp to the tank as well?

I really appreciate any advice. I am new to this and I just want to create a good environment for the fish.

Thank you.

Welcome aboard! The best advice for a dwarf gourami, especially in a tank that size, would be to go with only one. They will not get "lonely". They are territorial and two would end up being one in fairly short order.

Thanks

I appreciate the advice. If I get one Dwarf Gourami and add it to the four glowfish (Danio), do you have any other suggestions of what I could add without overdoing it? Maybe some Dwarf Corys?

No, I'd say you'd be maxed out. Ideally the danios would be in a larger tank as they are active and would like more swim space. It would be the same with corys.

Back
Top Bottom