Seeking goldfish food that sinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JitterBugz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My three goldfish have recently been moved to a 45g tank that's a lot taller than the previous one. Having said that, they spend most of their time on the bottom of the tank. I'm looking for a type of goldfish food that sinks rather than floats on the surface. Any suggestions?

Hikari Lionhead or Hikari Saki are good options (and, no, you dont have to have lionheads to feed the lionhead formula). Pro-Gold is another quality food (Goldfish Connection). Or switch to a gelfood (homemade or commercial).

Last edited:
I recently switched from hilkari to Omega one. The omega one sinking pellets have more "whole" foods listed in their ingredients. Fish seem to be growing faster too with Omega one. Also bit less expensive here in North America :)

I use Repashy gel food. I used to also feed Hikari Lionhead (I have ryukins, and that's a good pellet for color in all goldfish), but one of mine gets floaty on anything but gel food.

So now the Repashy is the basic diet, supplemented with veggies and fruits, as well as occasional bloodworms and brine shrimp.

Do alittle research on the foods recommended. You should find info on most. Im from the UK and had to pay a premium for some new life spectrum food but its good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom