setup waiting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andy_b22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was wondering what would be the best, i already have my substrate in the bottom of my tank and cleaned. my question is should i go ahead and put 50% of the 55 gallon water in my tank and just run the heater and powerheads and wait till my live rock comes which i am going to purchase today on liverocks.com which should be here by tuesday right? Or should i not fill it up and put the water in when my live rocks come?
TIN

I think it would be easier to place the rocks where you want in the tank if you had no water in the tank. I would wait and have the water ready to go as soon as you get your rocks placed then put your water in. The tank is goingto need to cycle either way so I do not thik it would matter one way or the other.

Getting your tank ready for the LR is a good idea. Since you are cycling you can just throw the LR into the main to get things going. Post some pics of the new LR if you get a chance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom