shalu's 10 gallon shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shalu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is my 10 gallon invertebrate tank, whose main residents are various shrimps and snails.
shrimptank1qa.jpg

Ludwigia arcuata, amazing how well it does without the help of CO2.
ludarc3yo.jpg

red cherry shrimp:
cherrysuper8ak.jpg

bumblebee shrimp babies:
bumblebee3hw.jpg

crystal red shrimps:
shrimpfeed4ef.jpg

a new born crystal red shrimp:
crbaby22ig.jpg

It is amazing how efficient the red cherry shrimp clean new plants. Throw an algae covered stem in it, 15 minutes later, the cherries give you back a completely clean one.
cherryclean4or.jpg

Bought some SALTWATER Virgin nerites. Acclimated them a little too fast, some did not make it, three did and are doing great, they love eating algae and especially the green spot algae(GSA).
neritemoss24ce.jpg

neritemoss5jv.jpg

Put some asian freshwater clams into the HOB filter. They are fun to watch and improves water quality,
clam6uu.jpg

Also got two purple apple snails
apple4zb.jpg

a cherry red immediately went to check it out,
cherryapple9bk.jpg

This is the cheap lights I used:
cffixture5oz.jpg

I am upgrading to AHSupply reflectors and T6 bulbs.

Very Nice!!! Do you have a sump, or is your equipment out of view of the pic? I love the moss on the log, I'm trying to get mine to do that currently. :D

WOW, Well done so could you please help me when I decide to plant my 10 gal lol 8)

Thanks guys. Fubie, I think the name "fire shrimp" is used mainly in Europe, Caridina serrata is incorrect scientific name for the cherry shrimp. The correct name is Neocaridina denticulata sinensis.

Thanks shalu. I noted that name from Liveaquaria.com but found the proper shrimp and name (the one you gave!) at azgardens.com

Great. You've inspired me with this tank. I've ordered several for my own tank.

What plants do you have in this 10G? I am thinking of doing a shrimp only tank. Do you have CO2? What is your fert routine?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom