sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imcgary

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 46g bow front that i have had for about 4years now it has been a fresh water community planted tank for the entire time that i have had it. I recently got my 125g tank setup and transfered everything over to the larger tank (4platties that have recently had 3 sets of offspring and one dwarf groumie.) So now i have an empty 46g tank and i have no idea what i want to put in it. I thaught about cichlids or saltwater but i know that it is smaller than ideal for those but still a possibility. Any Suggestions?

My Fiance has always wanted a freshwater shark. so i have considered moving the platties back to the 46g tank and using the larger tank for the sharks and maybe some barbs and rainbowfish.

I have removed your duplicate thread of this same topic. Please do not post the same thing in seperate places.

While you are waiting to decide what to put into the tank, you should keep the ammonia source going to keep the tank cycle going. Either by adding some pure ammonia or feeding the tank or putting a shrimp into the tank.

the tank has been drained already its been empty for about 4 months. More than likely i will be getting Bala sharks probably 3 or 4 and if possible a second species if possible.

If you get young balas they will be ok in the 46 for 6-12 months, but they will quickly outgrow that tank and will have to be moved to the 125. They get big and need lots of swimming room.

what other types of fish would you consider putting with tha balas? I have looked at the compatability guide on liveaquaria.com but it seems kind of limited. Another possability is angel fish i have always loved angels and have kept them succesfuly in the past. Do you think it would be possible to keep angels and Balas in the larger 125g tank ?

Back
Top Bottom