Should I get a divider in this situation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlwn88

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

You may have been my other thread earlier about my 75 cichlid tank and how my Blue Acaras started breeding not too long ago. Well yesterday morning the eggs were laid, what a site to see. My female has been right next to the eggs the entire time, and the male has been doing all sorts of weird stuff, I watched him for an hour last night go from the top to the bottom in the corner of the tank...not sure what was going on there.

They are showing an increased aggression to my other tank mates, but nothing nearly as bad as everything I've read. They laid their eggs in the only fake object in the tank, it's a log with a large opening, with different holes with small exits. They hid the eggs very well. The Tiger Barbs swim buy and usually don't get picked on, and sometimes the Gold Severum will hang out at the top of the log and they don't even care. It's been 24h now since the eggs were laid and it looks like nothing has tried to eat them.

Should I get a divider to ensure that these eggs don't disappear in the future? I know some people get like a 20g long as a grow out tank but that's after they are free swimming right? I'd imagine putting a divider and keeping the pair of blue acara on their end, and the other fish on theres. Looking for some opinions on this, don't want to screw anything up! Thanks guys!

Crap! I meant to post this in the Getting Started Freshwater section. Had no idea I was in the plants section, my fault.

Back
Top Bottom