Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is what makes it fun (changing and new ideas). I got a beautiful bunch of Japan from a hobbyist closing down a tank. (Couple years ago) and killed it too low of light and she had co2 I did not. Very sad.

Her is my latest shot... Blue Velvets snacking on a wafer!
60074-albums13090-picture66123.jpg

Those are super nice, great color. I've always wanted different species of shrimps but dont have the time, room, or funds. Matter of fact, im selling off one od my tanks. The japan has been growing pretty for me so far. I dont have co2 in this tank but I do have a 10 watt cfl 6500k. I only add excel and ferts for water changes.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those are super nice, great color. I've always wanted different species of shrimps but dont have the time, room, or funds. Matter of fact, im selling off one od my tanks. The japan has been growing pretty for me so far. I dont have co2 in this tank but I do have a 10 watt cfl 6500k. I only add excel and ferts for water changes.

Thank you for the compliment. They were bred by a local hobbyist and come out as babies blue only, last generation had red on them, but so far all have been blue. I have a couple very dark/bright blue.

These are babies and haven't darkened up all the way. Also they are eating the wafers and they look more yellowish greenish, lol.

Thanks for the info, maybe I will try the Japan again. The other one melted and couldn't recover I guess. Since I understood need so much light. i like trying things so I will see how it goes the next time :cool:. The texture is amazing!!!

Here's is a shot of my yellow gold line/blue bolt 20g. Don't strain your eye's. My group of blues don't come in till the end of the month. Yes, the wait is killing me!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1396626834361.jpg
    1396626834361.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 202
That's what I have in with my crs/cbs. Gold line yellow's

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice, those are cool looking.

Do you have build threads you could post, or at least if/when you do please post. I have a new friend who is giving me some yellows this week, don't know what color or line or no line, (but I will love them, I know), since he has too many. :lol: I am looking at getting some shrimp specific substrate in the near future and CRS eventually.

I

Here's some pics of my shrimp tank at work. I know it's a jungle now just waiting to rescape.

Just did a recape on my 2.5 gallon at work, water is still a lil cloudy.

Attachments

• 1397263899283.jpg
    1397263899283.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 1397263943992.jpg
    1397263943992.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 188
Close up of rescape

Attachments

• 1397264006382.jpg
    1397264006382.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 195
Thanks!! I wish I had more shrimp with just 3. I don't know I'm seeing different ones or the same on all the time. Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom