Shrimp behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2nicewitit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got me a skunk shrimp yesterday. Took about 1.5hrs to make sure he was aclimated. though i released him he has not moved from his corner thus not doing to much cleaning. Water paramaters are fine, every thing at zero and ph at approx 8.0-8.2. What or should ther be any thing i should be looking for?

Thanks.

Give it some time to get aquainted with the aquarium and it's new house mates. They are pretty personable but still need time to adjust.

I agree with Cindy. He is adjusting and checking out his new surroundings.

Agreed with above. Mine even now generally hangs out in one spot enless food is dropped in the aquarium, then he's really animated!

Great.

Thanks for the input. I just feed some frozen shrimp this evening and w/out notice, the shrimp came out of his cave like a bat out of ****. Dont know why...do they normally feed on shrimp brine? Kinda cool. That thing can move:D

They eat anything really. They will even clean your fingers and nails if you put your hand in the tank and just hang there for a bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom