Shrimp Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

archie.atkinson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have only kept ghost shrimp and they died. My LFS has cherry shrimp and i have read/been told they are very hardy. They are cool looking too VERY red and lots of movement.

Nice tank! Yellow shrimp would look awesome in there. So would blueberry shrimp. You could mix and do one neocaridina and one caridina. You could do a combo like crystal red shrimp and blue pearl shrimp, or crystal black shrimp and yellow shrimp, or mandarin shrimp and red cherry shrimp, or green babaulti and blueberry shrimp. :)

Thats a nice tank! How easy are shrimps to keep and are they fussy on tank mates?? I'd love some I must admit!

Start out with Red Cherry Shrimp, they're one of the hardiest dwarf shrimp. But if you do start out with them, you can't keep Crystal Shrimp, well technically you can but you wouldn't want to because they'll interbreed and have ugly babies.

RCS and CRS cannot interbreed. Only two caridina's or two neocaridina's can interbreed.

Thanks guys. Do they get along with all kinds of fish? I have guppies and corys at the moment

Not all kinds but usually with guppies and cories. It's hard to get many babies out of them when paired with fish. What size tank is that?

I'm looking for a 30x12x15 88 litre tank, already got 2 corys (adding more) and 6 guppies (2 adult and 4 juv) ..... sorry for pinching your thread! :)

Is that a fluval ebi you've got?
Try rcs, crystal black shrimp or mayalian rainbow shrimp i git a few of each (6 rcs, 3 cbs, 7 mrs) all great and very active

Back
Top Bottom