Shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny32561

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im wondering if I should start a srimp tank with Red Cherries. Im wondering what is the minimal gallon size and any types of plants and substrate also what kind of challenges did you face when building a shrimp tank?

Anything less than a 5 gallon will be hard to keep the population under control. I've seen some really cool 2 gallon bowls done. However a 5 gallon would be the smallest I'd do

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What substrate?

What kind of substrate would you have used i found aqua soil but I'm not sure...

I have a 10 gallon rcs breeder. I have a sand substrate that is white but not very fine grain and they like it. From what I've learned is they like to sift through sand. They love java moss and moss balls, and live plants in general. If you are looking to breed them its a good idea to get a sponge covering the filter intake so babies dont get sucked in. also feeding every other day is key, over feeding leads to all kinds of pest problems, learned the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom