Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay I need to know what kind of shrimp if any I can add to my tank. I have the following fish in it: 3 Balantiocheilos melanopterus(bala shark),2 Schreitmuller's Metynnis ,1 Metynnis maculatus(silver dollars) 2 Platydoras costatus(striped Raphael catfish) 4 Trichopodus trichopterus(blue Gouramis) 6 Devario aequipinnatus(giant Danios) and will be separating the balas and silver dollars soon to another tank when they get too big for my 55 gallon:thanks:

i have 3 bamboo shrimp along with various fish in my 55G. i would think they would be ok to put in there... there not massive but they're large compared to ghost shrimp.

my three bamboo range from 2" to almost 4"(i believe this type of shrimp maxes at 5"). they are kinda skidish though, so if they get bumped by a fish(even a gently touch to check out what it is) the bamboo shrimp scatter in a flash but an hour later they are back in their favorite place in the filter return flow eating & eating & eating some more

Back
Top Bottom