Shrimp!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabriel3303

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wanted to let u all know im a proud dad of baby red cherry shrimp lol not the biggest task ever but stoked the last two i had mated! Lol

Give it another month and you will have more. Then a year down the road you will have millions! Muahaha! Once they get going it really is surprising how quickly they breed. I had 3 breeding females give about 30 grown shrimp in 2 months. I'm sure tons of them got eaten.

I don't have any predators in the tank theres nothing to eat them what do u do with all of em? U sell or what ?

Mine aren't RCS so I kind of just ignore them. RCS you could sell them for $1 each fairly easily. There's a huge demand for them.

Sweet!!! Will the male an female i have eat them? I've only found 1 baby is there probably more than that?

Sweet!!! Will the male an female i have eat them? I've only found 1 baby is there probably more than that?

Yeah, they are very very good at hiding. When I did my tank switch I had seen at most 13 at any given time. I pulled 43 out of the tank when I switched over.

How long does it take to have RCS in a tank? After cycle or a while till microbes develop? Sorry ,congrats on the babies ! Not trying to high jack but I have a ten gal I want to fill and shrimp are one plan I have :)

If u have other aqariums or friends with em get some of there established filter medium or subtrate or even just some of there water that always seems to help my tanks

Thanks for the heads up on the shrimp farm! I had no idea there were that many types of fresh water shrimp!!!!! Lol by far my favorite is the King Kong black!!!!! So cool!!! My budget says RCS but my head says King Kong black or crs!! Lol
My ten is seeded already from my 29gal but that's a great suggestion. And thanks for looking out! I have a few tanks already, just trying to decided what to put in the ten. Thanks for the info. :)

Ya of love to get those to but id get murdered by my wife lol i also have otto cats love them but my next small tank will be dwarf puffers an that shrimp farm customer service is the best ive ever had

Back
Top Bottom