Sick Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alrighty guys and gals....last nite I noticed one of my angels was covered in white spots!! Only one. The rest were fine looking and no other fish had this. The tank is at 78, water is perfect. I was doing some live planting to add a few colors to my foliage and was moving around a lot of plants. Could this have stressed him out and caused this? I have never seen this happen. I have had these guys for a couple of years.

Google ich. If it looks like salt on your fish then that's what it is. I would recommend quarantining the infected fish. I've never had ich in my tanks so I don't really know much on treating it :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

He was quarantined as of last nite. Closely watching the others. I think ick can be brought on by stress. Not sure. waiting for more replies.

Sounds like ich. Just increase the temperature of the tank to 86 degrees. Do it slowly, 1-2 degrees every hour.

At 86 degrees ich parasites cannot reproduce. Leave the temperature at 86 for two weeks. Increase aeration during this time and keep the water conditions pristine.

Just google ich and the heat treatment to get a better understanding of the life cycle of ich.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

He was quarantined as of last nite. Closely watching the others. I think ick can be brought on by stress. Not sure. waiting for more replies.

Stress lowers their immune systems so they are more susceptible to any disease.

Get some ick medication from your local store, poor into your community tank. It is already infected at this point. Safer to treat the entire tank. Raise your temp & remove your filters. The instruction on the bottle is pretty clear. Best of luck, I just went through this same experience.

Anjay72

Get some ick medication from your local store, poor into your community tank. It is already infected at this point. Safer to treat the entire tank. Raise your temp & remove your filters. The instruction on the bottle is pretty clear. Best of luck, I just went through this same experience.

Anjay72

Medications can be harsh and can destroy your biological media. It's best to just use the heat treatment, easier and safer on the fish.

Back
Top Bottom