Sick Angelfish, not getting better after Paraguard treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShadowBetta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this -

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
I have an angelfish which I bought three and half weeks ago. The first two I treated him with Paraguard for quarantine and algo because another angelfish that I bought with him nipped his fins, but at the end of the two weeks his fins became better (I isolated and kept him alone). I waited some days more for his fins to grow up more to move him to the main tank but suddenly he had a spot over his stomach like he lost some scales, it’s white and a little gray inside the spot. I again treated him with Paraguard for around 5 days but I stopped because didn’t see much progress. I stopped and used a little aquarium salt, the spot became less gray but the scaleless spot still can be seen. He recently is eating less.
Attached a photo of the Angelfish a week ago and a recent photo of him (the one with the plant attracted to a rock).

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
Now it’s 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, <5 nitrites.

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
The tank he’s been it’s a 5 gal tank (quarantine tank).

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
Tetra filter for 10 gal, not sure the gph.

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
Now since quarantine he’s alone.

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
I’m water changing everyday, around half the tank. To not use treated water, I remove some of the main tank and fill the tank the angelfish is in.

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
Three and half weeks.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
At first nothing, now I put a couple of plants, which I think it calmed him a little because his color is more noticeable (before, he was completely colorless)

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
Same diet, granules that I have to break in half because of its to big, he won’t eat.

Additionally, everyday I have dosed stress guard. I’m suspecting he hurt himself because sometimes the light stresses him and he swims frantically, but the spot is not only scaleless but also gray; maybe a fungus? But I don’t see any cottony substance on it and I think the spot is a little bigger now.

If anyone knows something, please help me :(

Attachments

• F9ABCB00-9583-466A-A144-33BB10EB0A35.jpg
    F9ABCB00-9583-466A-A144-33BB10EB0A35.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 8A40769E-760A-4681-A096-16DC6AA328CA.jpg
    8A40769E-760A-4681-A096-16DC6AA328CA.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom