Sick Betta? Dead neon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodeyesniper

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

This morning I found one of my neons pale and swimming vertically in a jerking motion. After a little googling I found out he was going to die and so I euthanized him :(

I just finished cleaning my fish tank, I scrubbed all the algae off of my fake plants for the first time and now my betta is acting funny. I found him laying on the floor barely moving. He would swim when provoked but was sitting there for a while. Occasionally he would swim to the top corner of my tank and hide by the heater. He doesn't seem to be gasping for air.

His fins aren't clamped, they're not fully spread out, but they're not clamped down.

The ammonia is 0, I checked the other night, it's been cycled for a while now. I haven't checked for nitrates or nitrites. I just added some aquarium salt to the water when I changed it. My tank is 10g, with 7 neons, 1 betta, and a few ghost shrimp so I know it's not overstocked. I also just planted some of those plant bulbs from PETCO with the water change. I'm hoping he's just stressed from the cleaning? I turned the light off to be safe. Any idea?

Any idea on what to do?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom