Sick betta???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ViPz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please help!

My bettas tail looks withered and looks like its kinda 'burned' off for lack of a better description.

He's still happy n active, still eating normally.
I've upped the number of water changes to see if it makes a difference, so far I can't tell. This was first noticed 3days ago and after my first major water change and filter clean.

I asked the guy in the local fish shop and he says it's my rasboras biting his tail while he sleeps and eventually they will bite the whole thing off!

The shops been there forever so I hope he knows what he's talking about!! He could have sold me loads of stuff but was adamant I couldn't do anything about it, and needn't waste my money!!

What do you good people think?

Sincerely,

One desperate betta owner!!!

Attachments

• image-2763544420.jpg
    image-2763544420.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3663682956.jpg
    image-3663682956.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1777196046.jpg
    image-1777196046.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 73
emerald76 said:
Params?
Tank size?
Stock list?

Hi

My readings are ammonia 0,
Nitrate 70
Nitrite 0
GH 250
Kh 270
pH 8.0

10 gallon heated tank
6 harlies plus the betta

Thanks

What about the fish guys theory about the rasbora biting him?

Doubt it
The harlequins have tiny mouths- they'd need to bite a lot to do that
The 'trates are way high

What type of rasbora ? Seems unlikely they are biting him. In my experience the bettas fins start to look bad when the temperature and water quality goes down.

Mogurako said:
What type of rasbora ? Seems unlikely they are biting him. In my experience the bettas fins start to look bad when the temperature and water quality goes down.

Harlequins

I would say you have some fin rot there, I am going through the same with my betta. I veliebe the melted edges are a sign of that not biting. Mumma.of.two is the best on this - she advised me to start with adding salt and lots of clean water. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom