Sick Black Moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tigger

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, our black moor has a puffy eye. He is eating normally. The water quality wasn't good. We have changed his water twice since Friday morning. Will this clear up with water changes or do I need medication?

TIA,

Natalie

What are your water parameters now? Even with water changes, there can be nitrogenous waste in the tank. And your pH? That too can play a part.

Its quite possible, with continued good water husbandry, the cloudy eye will clear up by itself. Give it a week or so; if it doesn't start to clear then more drastic measures will need to be taken (or if it starts getting worse before the end of the week).

Thank you for the quick reply. I will watch "Fat Albert" very closely this week.

What kind of salt, iodized table salt? His eye does look better now. It is not as cloudy and the swelling seems to have decreased.

No, don't put iodized salt in a FW tank. You can put in non-iodized table salt, or aquarium salt. Aquarium salt is salt for a FW tank. If you use salt, I would use the aquarium salt. The Jungle product line has aquarium salt.

Back
Top Bottom