Sick blood fin tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJudd

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 60g with a variety of tetras shoals. All appear healthy and water specs are spot on. However, one of my blood fins recently started swimming head up and tail down and struggled to reach the surface. It did feed but life was a trial and eventually it became almost unable to swim. It has no outward marks or visible ailment. I removed it as there seemed no hope of recovery. Now another is displaying similar symptoms. The fish are about 1 year old. Can anyone shed some light on the possible cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 60g with a variety of tetras shoals. All appear healthy and water specs are spot on. However, one of my blood fins recently started swimming head up and tail down and struggled to reach the surface. It did feed but life was a trial and eventually it became almost unable to swim. It has no outward marks or visible ailment. I removed it as there seemed no hope of recovery. Now another is displaying similar symptoms. The fish are about 1 year old. Can anyone shed some light on the possible cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Internal parasite maybe?

Back
Top Bottom