Sick BTA, or is it normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ausfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. I recently got a little bubble tip nem from a fellow reefer. In his tank it was about 5cm diameter and looked healthy.
I drip acclimated it and sat it on a rock in my tank that isn't too high in flow and has good exposure to light.

Within 2-3 hours it climbed under the rock and extended so it is still facing upwards.

It is inflated, although not fully and shows bright colors.(much ether then the iPhone picture would tell)

Now here's my question:
Is it normal for the nem to be in that position?
I am thinking it either wants to protect its foot or I have too bright lighting(120w led over 30gal)
It looks awfully stretched...
Thanks!

Attachments

• image-197884635.jpg
    image-197884635.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 94
Seems fine to me. Mine does that sometimes. Just like you said, they try to protect their foot, and then stretch into the light. It'll be fine. Like the color BTW. :)

Thanks guys! I'll see how she does tonight(yes, it a SHE ;) )
And try to take a picture that really does her color justice.

I took pictures yesterday but couldn't get them to upload. I will o course be persistent :)

I have one of those in my tank and it does the same thing... foot in a rock and stretches to the light. Has been like that, in the same place, for about six months. It will be fine!

Back
Top Bottom