sick clown, please help =[

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThAtGuY11

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
one of my clowns is acting weired. he is swimming on the surface about 95% unless its feed in which he swims a few cm below water level. when hes on the surface, hes at like a 45 degree angle and occasionally on his side and up right, thats it...
otherwise he has been feeding fine and getting along with the other fish.
I have 2 occelaris clowns, a yellow-belly damsel, a humbug, 2 hermit crabs, a bubble coral and an anemone (which the clowns haven't hosted!!)
I do have a tiny amount of ammonia ( ill test it tomorrow again ).
( I don't think it will help but i think hes male because when i put them in they were the same size and now mojo is a lot smaller )

Please help,
ThatGuy :cry:

EDIT
4got 2 write, no signs of injury, disease or rapid breathing...

WOW you have alot of damsels in there . I would say it sounds like he is being bullied ... That happened with one of ours try to get him out and QT if you wish for him to survive ... Once they get bullied it is hard to prevent it or stop it for ours it ended in the death of the clown as they are the more passive fish in the damsel family .....
I would set up change out your media and do a 15%-20% h20 change

Sadielynn said:
WOW you have alot of damsels in there . I would say it sounds like he is being bullied ... change

only 1 damsel. and he dosent bother the clowns, although he was the death of my regal tang after a few days of him being in there... he cut him up so bad.. im gonna trade him in because i hate him and i really like regal tangs.

but anyway, the clown seems 2 be spending alot less time on the surface today.

Thanks,
ThatGuy :D

melosu58 said:
Can you post some water test results?
I forgot, give me 20 mins and they should be posted.(I just woke up, im from aus)

Sadielynn said:
That is four damsels in what size tank
humbug is a damsel humbug damsel

humbug damsel

yellow belly is a damsel yellow belly

2 clowns are in the damsel family clown
that is 4 damsels in what size tank ? :)

my bad lol. yes 4 damsels in a 90l tank but the only agressive one is the yellowbelly-damsel, all the rest wont bother each other the slightest.

And here are the test results

Water results:

Ammonia:0.1
Nitrite:0.05
Nitrate:7.0(is that a bad thing?
Ph:8.0
Alk:2
Salinity:1.025
Temp:27
Thats all i can test for.

NitrAte will go down with subsuquent waterchanges ... I am more worried about your ammonia , NitrItes
It sounds like you are still cycling how old is your tank ?
90 L =roughly 24 gallons that is ALOT of damsel for that tank !
It sounds like a bully situation , or ammonia burns from the cycle

You might want to do a PWC as ammonia and nitrite in any amount are lethal to fish and inverts. JMO and a great place to start.

i know its not a bully case because the only bully is the yellow belly and he only picks on the humbug(he never catches him to do any damage tho). but yeh, i well be doing water changes. how much each for for how many days?

15%-20% for atleast the next week ..
It is possible that he is being bullied and you dont realize it . It took me a bit to figure out that the clown in our tank was being bullied before I pulled him , and then it was too late . But with your perameters as they are that is concerning as well

Back
Top Bottom