Sick cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndI3kAY

Aquarium Advice Freak
This afternoon i noticed that one of my 5 pepper corys is just sitting in the corner of the tank, looking somewhat bloated and breathing heavily, also its mouth seems to be stuck open? It didn't even put up much of a fight when i caught him to put into my hospital tank so I can keep an eye on him. Last night and this morning thy were all swimming and playing just fine, does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• image-3532591967.jpg
    image-3532591967.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 80
Thought i should include that it is a 29g tank, all water parameters are good (within range) last water change was wednesday (feb 20). Water temp 72.

Sorry for your loss. It does look bloated and with the mouth being gapped like that, to me it could be bloat but I'd be looking at an internal parasite as a possible suspect. Did you notice any white stringy poop? That's usually a sign of a parasite. Just keep an eye in your other fish in case you see the same signs. If you do I would treat with Epsom salt soaked food. My lfs does this with their fish and it is a lot cheaper than medication and completely safe. I would consider it a laxative lol.

I didnt notice any white poop, and my other fish have been fine.

For future reference though, how would i prepare this epsom salt food?

Ill have to double check with my buddy on what the method is but he just soaks the pellet food in it and it then flushes their system once digested

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom