Sick dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think my dwarf gourami is sick he hasn't eaten in two days, is slightly dull in colour, and has been hiding for a long time.

Tank mates are: 2 other dg 2 angels 3 unknown rainbows 4 boesmani rainbows 2 angles 2 bn plecos 8 black skirt tetras.

Could it be old age I've had him for over a year and was fully grown when I purchased him.

Params are fine

Possible he could be sick but with that stocking did you notice he was being harassed before he went into hiding? Those symptoms are signs of being bullied too.

No I've haven't really noticed him being harassed my dg always seem to follow each other around however my angels have been chassing fish out of one half of the tank lately. However his hiding spot is where the angles don't like other fish and they don't seem to bug him.

Rivercats said:
Possible he could be sick but with that stocking did you notice he was being harassed before he went into hiding? Those symptoms are signs of being bullied too.

That's what I was thinking. I've heard of dwarf gouramis who have lived together for a few years suddenly start turning on one another. I've had a similar situation before with dg...one getting bullied...but it was when we first set up our tank and my husband bought 3...we ended up with one...:-(. He's cool tho...named him Glutton...he's a pig.

Back
Top Bottom