Sick fish need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lachlan99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have had this fish for about a week now and he just lays on the bottom of the tank all of my nitrate levels are good and I do regular water changes but I just don't know what to do! I have had another fish for around 3 months now and he's fine! The sick fish (Campbell the yellow one) is a normal goldfish. My other fish(rocky) is a goldfish comet.

Please can you help me I don't want him to die :(

Attachments

• image-3659686471.jpg
    image-3659686471.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image-609153633.jpg
    image-609153633.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 78
If you post your water chemisrty, what you use to treat water, temp, how often w/c.. more detail will help someone to help you better. Do you see any indication of disease on him? labored breathing? I'm no expert, hope you get more responses, good luck!

Have you seen him eat? Comets are very fast and very greedy, so I wouldn't be surprised if your fancy is missing out. How big is your tank? If I were you I would take back the comet, and get another fancy (provided your tank isn't smaller than 30 gal)

Also, post your question in the coldwater forum- there are some top notch goldfish keepers who can advise you better than I can :)

If you post your water chemisrty, what you use to treat water, temp, how often w/c.. more detail will help someone to help you better. Do you see any indication of disease on him? labored breathing? I'm no expert, hope you get more responses, good luck!

Def looks like clamped fins. Poor little guy is so sad! :-(

Welcome to AA!!!

If you can post your tank size, parameters and water change schedule, this would help us to help you better! Also, how long has this tank been setup with fish? Thanks!

Thanks everyone the tank is 35 gal, it's been set up for 2 months. Unfortenly the fish has passed away and now my other goldfish is sad :( so I'm going to be getting a snail to liven up the tank and make the other goldfish happy :) thank you everyone :')

Just an update I now have a 9 cm black moor

Rocky loves him but I'm lookin for a name for the black moor, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom