Sick fish! Whats the problem!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addison

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a goldfish I purchased roughly a month ago and he was come really fine until now. He's been at the top all day with his fins just about to come through the top of the water. He's also started swimming funny somewhat. Just kinda seems like he's full of air. What's with him I'm worried.

image-3324688640.jpg

image-2032601260.jpg

image-428236801.jpg

I ran out of test stripes but I have stripes for a pool that I just used and the ph is lower than 6.5, other than that that's all I can tell. Just posted photos to.

Your levels of ammonia, nitrite, nitrite & actual ph would really help here. I suspect your fish is suffering from toxic water conditions combined with an inadequate diet. How big is this tank? Start changing 50% of his water daily with temperature matched, properly conditioned water until you can invest in a good liquid test kit (such as API freshwater master test kit). Once you are able to monitor his water conditions on a daily basis, this schedule can be adjusted based on the size of the tank. What have you been feeding him? Is he still eating? Some more information will help us to help you better!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom