Sick Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheridan17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a black moor fish who has formed some white fur on his skin. We originally had him in a fish bowl and then was advised to move him into a tank. He is in a 20L tank now with a filter and a oxygen line. We put multi care into the water as advised and even put a little less then the dose we were suppose to so he wouldn't OD on it. But now his white patches are worse and he won't swim around he just stays in one spot. He also spits out his food all the time, even before he was sick. We have tried different food and brands and it makes no difference. What's the best thing to do?

Hi, your fish most likely has a type of fungus. your best bet is to buy some fungus cure at the pet store. sooner is better, because the fish is suffering. i wish you good luck!

Hi, your fish most likely has a type of fungus. your best bet is to buy some fungus cure at the pet store. sooner is better, because the fish is suffering. i wish you good luck!

Hi we did that we got Multi cure and put it in the water. But since then it looks worse and he won't swim around at all he just sits in one spot.

Hi we did that we got Multi cure and put it in the water. But since then it looks worse and he won't swim around at all he just sits in one spot.

have you done all the bottle says? i know that some treatments require using it more than once or doing water changes.

another big thing is to change your water as soon as possible! do at least a 50% change. they say not to do a full change but if you have a filter, the majority of your good bacteria is in there anyway so doing a full water change shouldn't really hurt. make sure you add the multi cure to the new water as well and don't use too much less than the bottle says. just be careful not to use more either. [emoji225]

Yeh we put just under the amount the bottles says. When we did this we moved him into the new tank. So the water was fresh with 50% of his old water when we put the multi care in. It says to only use again after 3 days and this is only day one and he just seems like he is 10 times worse since we put the medicine in

Yeh we put just under the amount the bottles says. When we did this we moved him into the new tank. So the water was fresh with 50% of his old water when we put the multi care in. It says to only use again after 3 days and this is only day one and he just seems like he is 10 times worse since we put the medicine in

Id say just keep going with the treatment because it may not be the medicine that's making it worse. he may just be getting worse on his own but if you keep up with the medicine it should help. let it go for the rest of this cycle and then add the second dose and cross your fingers and hope. make sure after the second cycle is done you do another water change.

also, did you take your filter cartridge out before adding the medicine? the carbon in the filter will suck all of the medicinal properties right out of the water and your fish won't get any of it.

No I didn't take that out, not sure what that is? But the tank is still very green so doesn't that mean the medicine is still in the water? And if I do remove the carbon now should I do a water change or leave it as is?

No I didn't take that out, not sure what that is? But the tank is still very green so doesn't that mean the medicine is still in the water? And if I do remove the carbon now should I do a water change or leave it as is?

if you have a filter that has those cartridges in it, take that out and just leave the filter going without one. the water may still be green but it may not have the actual good chemicals left. i'd say take that cartridge out and then follow through with the treatment. don't add any more right now, just keep going the way you would if nothing changed. just as a heads up, you should always remove the filter cartridges before medicating your tank. the stuff inside those things will suck up any medicine you put in there and screw it all up.

Dude don't take the filter cartridges out, you'll crash whatever cycle is finally starting in the tank. Take just the carbon out. You can also add some aquarium salt to help fight the fungus, but I don't know off hand what the amount would be.

The tank is too small for the fish anyways, you need at least a 30g for one goldfish, so even if he pulls through you'll need a bigger setup or he's going to keep getting sick :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom